RYLA 5830 Staff
RYLA 5830 is run by a volunteer staff of Rotarians and RYLA alumni who stood out during their camper experience and have continued to emulate our 8 traits of leadership at camp and in their daily lives. If you are a Rotarian interested in volunteering at camp this year, complete the online application below by December 15th. If you were a camper or senior facilitator last year, you may apply by invitation only. You will receive an invitation to return to camp if we have found your skills to be a good fit for other staff positions this year. Other previous staff members are welcome to apply by December 15th.
Some things to keep in mind before applying:
- All staff must attend staff training from January 26-28, 2018.
- All staff are expected to arrive on time to their camp session(s) and stay for the full duration of camp. Do not expect any exceptions to this.
- Here’s a handy packing list!
- Your application submission is not a guarantee of your position on staff this year. Each year, applications are evaluated and accepted based on camp needs and applicant qualifications. You will receive confirmation from our staff coordinators once you have been accepted to the RYLA 2018 staff.
- Once you have submitted your application for consideration, understand that you have already committed to attending staff training and the session(s) for which you have marked yourself available. It is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to fulfill this obligatioon. Please do not wait until the last minute to do this.
- If needed, camp administration is happy to provide an absentee excuse or letter of volunteerism for teachers or supervisors. Please request this in advance of your camp session.
- While RYLA is a highly rewarding and fun experience for all involved, RYLA staff are expected to conduct themselves as professionals, especially around campers. At camp, you are a representative of Rotary International and should always emulate our 8 traits of leadership, the RYLArian Creed, and the Rotary 4-Way Test:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Staff Applications are due no later than December 15th. You should receive an automated email after you submit your application. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours, please contact Shoestick & Tiny.